Ant Control & Treatment
With many species, you will only ever see about 5% of ants foraging from the nest. For this reason, it is nearly impossible to control ant problems yourself. They can soon return after trying to treat them with off-the-shelf ant liquids or granules.
A professional treatment by a Termitrust technician is your best choice to reduce the presence of ants in your home and save you any hassle. We are trained in ant biology, breeding habits and the latest methods of keeping them at bay.
Most importantly we know ants in your local area. We have pest technicians on the ground in the following key locations and other surrounding regions:
- QLD – Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Logan, Caboolture, Ipswich, Toowoomba, Cairns, Rockhampton & Mackay
- NSW – Sydney, Central Coast, Newcastle, Hunter, Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour, Dubbo, Tamworth & Canberra (ACT)
- VIC – Melbourne
- WA – Perth, Joondalup, Mandurah, Bunbury, Busselton & South West
- SA – Adelaide
Common Types of Ants
The coastal brown is a small, light ginger-brown coloured ant with a shiny dark brown abdomen. They range in length from 2 mm to 4.5 mm, and have no obvious odour when crushed. They nest in disturbed soils and are very frustrating for homeowners as they create multiple sand mounds in paving, lawns and gardens. They can rapidly move into new areas as they continue to expand their nests.
The black house ant has a shiny, deep black colour, with adults usually growing between 2.5 mm and 3 mm in length. Although they usually nest under stones or dry logs, they infest homes and buildings in search of food and water. They are especially attracted to sweet foods and will commonly scavenge through kitchens, pantries and rubbish bins.
The white-footed ant is 2.5 mm to 3 mm in length. It is brownish-black in colour with yellowish-white feet. They are strongly attracted to sweet foods and frequently find their way into kitchens and even bathrooms. Generally, they invade with heavy activity.
Leave Ant Control to Your Local Termitrust technician.
Whilst we treat and control all types of ants, the most common ones are shown above. We have a range of specific ant treatments, all using registered products to suit the relevant species and infestation type.
- Ant gel baits
- Granular ant baits
- Ant bait stations
- Liquid applications
Did You Know?
- Ants are one of three kinds of animals or insects that fight battles in formation with the other two being humans and crows
- Ants live in colonies, which may have as many as 500,000 individuals
- The lifespan of an ant is up to seven years and in the case of queens up to 15 years
- Ants are social insects and don’t sleep
- An ant can lift up to fifty times its own weight
- The world’s ant population outnumbers people a million to one
Contact a Termi provider in your areaMake an enquiry
Termi Home & Commercial services are available right across Western Australia, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia, New South Wales and ACT. We are never too far away to provide an obligation free quote or practical advice.