We recommend yearly inspections of your home and property
Here are some of our locations:
- QLD – Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Logan, Caboolture, Ipswich, Toowoomba, Cairns, Rockhampton & Mackay
- NSW – Sydney, Central Coast, Newcastle, Hunter, Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour, Dubbo, Tamworth & Canberra (ACT)
- VIC – Melbourne
- WA – Perth, Joondalup, Mandurah, Bunbury, Busselton & South West
- SA – Adelaide
Our termite inspection reports
We only use report formats which meet Australian standards and are approved by our insurers. Our report details the areas inspected, the observations of the technician, the termite risk level and finally, recommendations to minimise that risk.
If we find termites, don’t worry you are in good hands. Our pest controllers will:
- Thoroughly assess and determine the full extent of the infestation and any resultant damage
- Take all practical steps to locate the termite entry points – locating the entry point is not always achievable given most termite entry is concealed but, if it can be found, it can be sealed to stop future entry
- Precisely identify the termite species – knowing and understanding the habits of the species allows for more effective, long term termite control
- Explain in full their assessment and findings
- Give you detailed advice on the treatment options
- Carry out the treatments to strict quality standards and specifications
Pre purchase inspections & timber pest inspections
Many lending authorities, through the real estate agent and contract of sale, require the buyer of a home to obtain a report from a pest control company before approving finance.
We understand that quite often these reports are required within 14 days of signing an Offer and Acceptance.
Our pest control technicians follow our high inspection and reporting standards and cover termites, borers and fungus (wood decay). The inspection is carried out in accordance with Australian Standard 4349.3.
Our Termitrust centres are geared for prompt responses for pre purchase timber pest inspections.
Our Inspection Process
We like you to know exactly what our inspections involve and our pest control technicians are more than happy to answer all your questions.
Termite or white ant inspections are a mostly visual process with the technician checking accessible areas of your home and property. The skill, knowledge and experience of a technician are critical in the inspection process.
Prior to the inspection, our technicians will explain exactly the areas to be inspected and those that can’t be. A note of any inaccessible areas is made on your inspection report and why it was not inspected.
We will ask permission to access private areas of your home or remove any necessary panels.
Inspections are carried out to a set checklist and include:
Kitchen and bathroom cupboards, skirting boards and wooden door jams, carpet tracking strips, floor boards, ceilings and cornices, gyprock walls.
We systematically check other timbers in order of roof construction – top plates, ceiling joists, hanging beams, strutting beams, struts, underpurlins and collar ties.
Where present access traps may need to be cut to gain access. We will only do this with your permission. We inspect brick, concrete or limestone piers with ant caps. We check possible leads which may bridge capping into floor bearers and joists.
Inspection of window frames, fascia boards and any wooden items that are part of, or attached to the home. Gardens and property are also inspected and this can include trees, landscaping, old stumps and storage areas.
Check out more termite protection services
Don’t let termites destroy your home or damage your property. Talk to Termi about terminating termites.
Talk to a Termi expert in your area todayMake an enquiry
Termi Home & Commercial services are available right across Western Australia, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia, New South Wales and ACT. We are never too far away to provide an obligation free quote or practical advice.